Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lions KLC & DBKL Chess Comp for the Disable

(originally posted on http://phuiyhin26.multiply.com on Nov 5th 2006)

ugh, I'm moving like an ancient steam locomotive.....
erm, nope I'm not having osteoporosis or mobility problems, just that my entries about my previous events are like so totally...SLOW?

see, after one week only I'm updating on an event which happened last Sunday.

let's start..hrm let me see....okay..here we go.

once again, it was the Lions (LC KL Central) yearly Chess Competition for the Disabled again and this year I participated FULL TIME. I was there during the PRE and the DURING but not quite the POST. Didn't catch that?

I was there during the night before the competition on the 28th October @ Times Square [This was the PRE]. Hrm, Willz, Weng Keong, Jessica, Li Boon, Wei San, and I was there to help the Lions to move the chairs, tables and to get the floor plan ready for the next day (29th October). Started around like 10.30pm and then up to around 12.15am, and after that, mamak session @ Steven's Corner until 2am. Reached home, slept only at 4am but was managed to catch up with 2 hours of sleep before heading back again to Times Square the next day for the actual event.

*Yawn*, (laughs)..i think that was how i greeted Willz early that morning. He was pretty sharp with his timing. 7.05am sharp he was at my gate already. Cool. At least I don't need to wait too long.

So both of us were there at like 7.20am or so and thought like maybe all Lions will be there already but...to my surprise, no one was there except for me! [Willz went to park his car]. Then, around 7.40am or so then Lions start appearing and everything was on it's way already. Participants started showing and everyone was working at full speed.

by 9am...most of the participants were there and some were even warming up playing some friendly match already. then an hour later or so was the opening ceremony and then the game was on. the whole thing went on till around 5pm or so and then, we took 5 at Uncle Lim's and Lion Annie belanja minum and makan.

around 6, we started transferring the participants over to Melia for the dinner and performance from some of the participants.

well the dinner was basically the POST which i wasn't there.

this time, being there at the competition full time, really had one feeling over me. i don't know how to describe it but...yeah.

and kinda like fell for a guy too. i don't know but there's just something in him that's attractive....hrm, or is it just another school girl crush.


* rebecca, weng keong, and the guy (didn't get the chance to know his name)...=(

anyways, made friends with two more nice doods, chee ching n also tommy

ugh i'm looking kinda "chan" in that shoot.

and also not forgetting my fave participant

No comments: